Positions 12/10/18 2:48:34 PM|
Northern Country Coop currently has one fullptime positions available.
FULL-TIME FEED MILL OPERATOR POSITION AVAILABLE AT LEROY, MN LOCATION
Position Summary: To accurately prepare bulk feed to customer specifications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Other Related Tasks:
- Report for work when scheduled.
- Know and follow all company safety policies and procedures. Perform work in a safe manner.
- Provide accurate custom feed grinding and mixing services according to the customer’s ration specifications.
- Load feed trucks to keep operations running smoothly. Assist with unloading bulk and bagged ingredients.
- Notify supervisor of feed mix ingredient stock needs.
- Assists in planning daily feed deliveries as to maintain maximum efficiency in delivering as well as mill operations.
- Maintains proper preventative maintenance on mill equipment as to assure minimal breakdowns. Report upcoming repairs to supervisor so they can be serviced as needed.
- Practice good housekeeping procedures to comply with company and OSHA policies.
- Represent yourself and Northern Country Coop professionally at all times in action and appearance – positively enriching the culture of Northern Country Coop.
- Work in an effective and efficient manner.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- Assist with grain operations.
- Ensure facility is well maintained.
- Perform routine inspections of equipment and property and report findings to supervisor.
- Make recommendations for improvements in the facility or to equipment.
- Follow up to ensure that work has been completed as approved.
- Attend safety related job trainings as they become available.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent
- One year relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job.
- Skilled in operation of equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors, customers and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Self motivated/self directed.
- Ability to make independent judgments, which have moderate impacts on the organization.
- Good organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and walk.
- The employee will frequently be required to lift 50 to 55 pounds.
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles.
- The noise level in the location for the grinders does require hearing protection.